The National statistical institute of Bulgaria has published data from its regular statistical surveys related to the monitoring of the “Energy Strategy of the Republic of Bulgaria till 2020 for reliable, efficient and cleaner energy”. The Energy Strategy is a fundamental document of the national energy policy that is approved by the Council of Ministers and passed by the National Assembly of the Republic of Bulgaria. The present National Energy Strategy till 2020 reflects the political vision of the Government of European Development of Bulgaria according to the up-to-date European energy policy framework and the global trends in the development of energy technologies. The main priorities in The Energy Strategy can be summarized in the following five directions:
- to guarantee the security of energy supply;
- to attain the targets for renewable energy;
- to increase the energy efficiency;
- to develop a competitive energy market and policy to meet the energy needs;
- to protect the interests of the consumers.
More info in section “National strategies”.